Saturday, December 29, 2012

31 Weeks




How far along? 31 weeks and 4 days
Total weight gain: About 33 lbs, and all belly! 
How big is baby? The size of a pineapple, which really puts it into perspective! Baby Tuna is about 19 inches long and weighs almost 4 pounds!  All five senses are fully developed and she’s getting smarter (which makes sense because I’m feeling like my IQ has dropped about 50 points!!).  We also found out that her head is down at the bottom, which explains why i’m feeling so much weight and pressure at the bottom of my belly every time I stand up.
Maternity clothes? Yes! Even though a lot of my old jeans still fit (with the help of a BeBand), there is NO WAY that I could fit in the majority of my old tops. And why would I want to try? Maternity clothes are sooo much more comfortable!
Stretch marks? None so far…I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter! 
Sleep? When I’m asleep, I sleep well, but I wake up a zillion times to pee and every time I need to flip from my left to my right side. I can’t wait until I can sleep on my stomach again!
Best moment this week? Christmas, spending time with my little brother, and the Hubs getting to see so much of her movement, since he’s been around all week. He got to tag along to our check up this week and was able to see how big Baby Tuna is when the doctor was pushing around on my belly.
How are you feeling? Tired remains at the top of the list, along with lower back pain and feeling out of breath all the time. Overall, though, I still feel pretty good, I just can’t go for too long before feeling worn out. The doctor said my iron levels were a little low (typical for a vegetarian), which could explain why I feel like a deflated balloon, so I have to take a supplement every other day.  It tastes like ass, but hopefully it will put a little more pep in my step. 
Miss anything? Mimosas! There have been so many occasions recently that called for champagne, and sparkling apple cider is a nice alternative, but nothing beats a mimosa on Christmas or New Year’s Day. Come Easter brunch, I’ll be ready for a nice big mimosa!  
Movement? Baby Tuna’s movements feel so different than they did a few weeks ago. Sometimes she’s pushing out from top to bottom, making my belly ripple. It’s the strangest feeling!  
Food cravings? Peppermint EVERYTHING! Christmas cookies and a big salad (which I can’t eat because of what it does to me). We also treated ourselves to Haagen Dazs at the mall the other day where I had a peppermint dazzler thing. It was sooo good! Peppermint bark ice cream with crushed oreos and chocolate sauce. Oh yum! 
Aversions? Even though egg salad doesn’t bother me, breakfast eggs are still disgusting.   
Anything make you queasy or sick? The vat of barbacoa at Chipotle is pretty gross. I’m not even sure what it is exactly, but the beef and chicken cubes were a lot less offensive looking.
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? We have a first name picked out, still working on the middle name.
Labor signs? No
Belly button in or out? Still an inny…but it’s really flattening out. The Hubs thinks it’s gonna pop soon.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but feeling tight from time to time.
Mood?  Pretty happy most of the time, but getting a little anxious when I think of all we have left to do! I also get super irritated by total strangers commenting on the overwhelming size of my belly. I get it, I'm HUGE, but, 1. Yes, I'm sure I'm not having twins, 2. I promise I'm not due "any day now", and 3. the Hubs and I aren't exactly small people, so is it any wonder that a giant Amazon baby is swimming around in there?!  

Looking forward to: Pajama Day, Part Deux, on New Year’s Eve Day. Because of our travelling this year, the official pajama day didn’t happen. Instead, I will have to kick the Hubs’ butt at Mario Cart on New Year’s Eve.   

1 comment:

  1. At a 33 pound weight gain... you aren't HUGE! Give yourself a little more time...TIP - don't start eating peppermint yumo ice cream etc. directly from the box and you won't make 50!!!!

    ReplyDelete