Sunday, December 23, 2012

30 Weeks!


How far along? 30 weeks and 5 days (I’m a little slow this week!!)
Total weight gain: I’d say 30 lbs, plus the Christmas cookies I’ve eaten today as they came out of the oven. All of that weight is in my face and belly.
How big is baby? The size of a head of lettuce (a huge head of lettuce!), 18 inches and a little over 3 lbs.  I have a feeling that Baby Tuna may be a bit longer than that!
Maternity clothes? Yes! Even though a lot of my old jeans still fit (with the help of a BeBand), there is NO WAY that I could fit in the majority of my old tops. And why would I want to try? Maternity clothes are sooo much more comfortable!
Stretch marks? None so far…I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter! 
Sleep? Sleeping OK most nights, but still no naps. I just lay there thinking of all the things that need to be done. I hope the Baby Tuna inherits her daddy's ability to sleep and not mine! Had a hard time sleeping in the hotel this weekend at the wedding, but that was because a concrete slab would have been more comfortable!
Best moment this week? Best moment has to be watching Kara and Alex say their “I do’s.”  I'm so happy that I got to be a part of it! The rehearsal dinner was a lot of fun (and delish thanks to catering by Tijuana Flats and a candy bar!), the ceremony was absolutely beautiful, the reception was great (even though this bridesmaid was too exhausted to do much dancing), and the mashed potatoes may have been the best thing I have ever eaten!!!
How are you feeling? Tired remains at the top of the list, along with lower back pain. Overall, though, I still feel pretty good, I just can’t go for too long before feeling worn out.
Miss anything? Being comfortable.   
Movement? She was quiet for a couple of days, but is definitely back in business now! She has woken me up the last few days with a lovely kick routine, and she did more dancing at the wedding than I did! 
Food cravings? Peppermint EVERYTHING! And have you had chocolate Cheerios yet?!!!
Aversions? Still eggs. No thank you.  
Anything make you queasy or sick? Public bathroom smells. Sorry if that’s TMI, but I’ve had to go in a lot of rest stop and department store bathrooms lately. And no mater how clean they appear, they are always some kind of stink-fest.  Blech!
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? We have a first name picked out, still working on the middle name.
Labor signs? No
Belly button in or out? Still an inny…but it’s getting flatter.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?  Is it possible to be happy and moody at the same time? Apparently, I have a low tolerance for bullshit these days. But I would say that overall, I’m a pretty happy girl.
Looking forward to: Christmas and the day after Christmas, which the Hubs and I call “Pajama Day”. As the name suggests, we chill in our pjs all day, eat cookies, and play wii games. It may be my favorite day of the year. We often do it again on New Year’s Day, it’s that good!  



I have always been a BIG fan of all things peppermint, especially at this time of year. But right now, my obsession with peppermint is at epic levels! Here are some of my favorites! 


2. Winter Oreos (They aren't peppermint, but look it!) 
3. Candy Cane Kisses
5. White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms
6. Starbucks Peppermint Mocha
9. Old Navy scarf







1 comment:

  1. Great stamina as the bridesmaid with child!!
    I'll take one of each featured peppermint item... you don't have to be pregnant to love these!

    ReplyDelete