Friday, December 14, 2012

29 Weeks


How far along? 29 weeks and 3 days
Total weight gain: close to 30 lbs. What?!?
How big is baby? The size of a butternut squash, 17 inches and about 3 lbs.  I have a feeling that Baby Tuna may be a bit longer than that!
Maternity clothes? I desperately need some new stuff…but it’s more fun to buy for baby girl! Is it bad form to wear sweatpants to a rehearsal dinner? (Just kidding, Kara!!) 
Stretch marks? None so far…I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter! 
Sleep? Other than getting up 57 times to use the bathroom, I’m sleeping OK, but not enough. Just wish I could make myself take an afternoon nap.
Best moment this week? Another good checkup with the doctor, including hearing her heartbeat. I never get tired of hearing it. Still waiting on results of my glucose screen, but I’m guessing no news is good news.
How are you feeling? I can sum that up in one word: tired. Not enough sleep and all this baby baking business can really wear a girl out. Not sure how I will make it through the next couple of weeks. We have so much to do: a wedding (yay!), Christmas, doctor appointments, a visit with the anesthesiologist, and a bridal shower. Whew!
Miss anything? Being comfortable and sleeping through the night. 
Movement? So much! She’s gotta be squished in there, and every now and then the flutters and wobbles feel a bit more pointy, like she’s trying to get a little more elbow room.  
Food cravings? Peppermint anything, vanilla ice cream, strawberries, and Christmas cookies (though I haven’t had any yet).
Aversions? Still eggs. No thank you.  
Anything make you queasy or sick? Apparently prenatal pilates. It hasn’t made me quit, but almost every time I do it, I have to run to the bathroom when I’m done. Weird.   
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? We have a first name picked out, still working on the middle name.
Labor signs? No
Belly button in or out? Still an inny…but it’s getting flatter.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?  Is it possible to be happy and moody at the same time? Apparently, I have a low tolerance these days. But I would say that overall, I’m a pretty happy girl.
Looking forward to: Kara and Alex’s wedding next week!



1 comment:

  1. I have to say, You look wonderful! Am feeling very curious waiting for Baby Tuna's name. I will be happy to drop the whole tuna image for a sweet little girl!!

    ReplyDelete