Friday, December 7, 2012

28 Weeks - Third Trimester!


How far along? 28 weeks and 3 days. . . Third Trimester!! Woot woot!
Total weight gain: about 25 lbs.
How big is baby? The size of a small cabbage; about 17 inches and almost 3 pounds!  
Maternity clothes? I desperately need some new stuff…but it’s more fun to buy for baby girl!
Stretch marks? None so far…I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter! 
Sleep? Meh. I’m down to about two or three nights a week of really good sleep, but the rest are pretty sucky. The fan in the guest room (where I usually end up by about 1:30 am) makes the most annoying knocking sound, so it makes it difficult to get back to sleep after each potty break. In theory, I’d like to take a nap every day to make up for it, but that has yet to happen. I’ve never been a great sleeper, so while some ladies say the third trimester prepares you for the lack of sleep you’ll get once the baby is born, I feel like I’ve been preparing for that my whole life!
Best moment this week? Surviving the glucose screening test, which wasn’t really too bad. The glucola stuff tasted like flat orange soda or an orange Otter Pop. Went down easy. Could have done without the needle in my arm an hour later, though. The BEST best moment was the Hubs bringing home two super yummy donuts last night from an event he had at his store. One was my favorite (Krispy Kreme-style glazed), which was a delishy treat! (And my first donuts since becoming pregnant) It’s the little things that make me happy!
How are you feeling? Lower back pain, but I think that if I wasn’t so lazy and actually did my prenatal pilates more than twice a week, that wouldn’t be so bad. Also have tightening in my belly sometimes, but I read that those might be the beginnings of Braxton Hicks. Some numbness in my left leg at night, but that goes away as soon as I roll on to my right side. 
Miss anything? Loading up on peppermint mochas every other day. I still indulge, but only once a week.  
Movement? Most definitely! She’s most active after dinner till bedtime. The Hubs has enjoyed feeling her knocking around in my belly.
Food cravings? Peppermint anything is always a big favorite, and now the candy cane Kisses are a dangerous temptation. Still wanting jelly beans, vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries from the neighborhood green market, and peanut butter graham cracker sandwiches.  
Aversions? Eggs again. I had scrambled cheesy eggs for breakfast on the morning of my glucose screening, and they totally hit the spot. So I had them again the next day and they made me feel yuck all day. So I’m off eggs for a bit again. Except those found in Christmas cookie dough. :O)
Anything make you queasy or sick? The Hubs' chicken salad. Partly because I’m a vegetarian and chicken is just gross, but partly because it smelled wretched. I had to run from the kitchen when he was making it and light a twisted peppermint candle from Bath and Body Works. 
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? We have a first name picked out, still working on the middle name.
Labor signs? No
Belly button in or out? Still an inny…but it’s getting flatter.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?  happy…with some mood swings on the side. Usually caused by instant hunger or idiot people.
Looking forward to: the Holidays and Kara and Alex’s wedding in a couple of weeks! Also decorating the Christmas tree, which better happen tonite. Poor tree has had nothing but lights on it all week! 







1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the glucose screening has improved just a little... you are a trooper and a salesman. Got to run get a peppermint latte, RIGHT NOW!!

    ReplyDelete