Thursday, November 29, 2012

27 Weeks



How far along? 27 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gain: 22-25 lbs…yowza!! Of course, if I pretend that I started at 110 pounds (which I did not) it doesn’t sound so bad. Haha!
How big is baby? The size of a rutabaga (but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen one in person, so that comparison means nothing to me). She’s about 15 inches from head to toe, and weighs about 2.5 pounds. Her brain is showing activity and she can bat her eyelashes. How sweet! 
Maternity clothes? I really need some new stuff…but it’s more fun to buy for baby girl!
Stretch marks? None so far…I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter!  
Sleep? If I can get comfy,  I usually sleep pretty well. Most nights I end up in the guest room, cuz I’m afraid that my fortress of pillows is crowding the Hubs. He’s such a good sport, though!
Best moment this week? Hearing Baby Tuna’s heartbeat at our checkup this week – loud and strong! I never get tired of hearing that!
How are you feeling? Exhausted! Not sure if it’s from being sick and the excitement of Thanksgiving, or if I’m getting an early jump on that third trimester fatigue. Trying to take a nap every day, but without any success.   
Miss anything? Bending at the waist. Sounds crazy, I know. But it’s just not happening any more, and I seem to be struggling with gravity more than usual…dropping everything! And why would Publix stock the prenatal vitamins on the bottom shelf?!?!
Movement? Oh ya! She’s following in mommy’s dancing footsteps! We may have a future Rockette on our hands.
Food cravings? Graham crackers with peanut butter and glass of milk is my new favorite snack, but I’ve had a wicked craving for Starburst jelly beans…probably not the best craving to have a few days before my glucose screening test.
Aversions?  None this week.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not really.  
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? We have a first name picked out, still working on the middle name.
Labor signs? No
Belly button in or out? Still an inny…but it’s getting flatter.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?  Happy, but it isn’t always showing. If I’m overly tired, hungry, or overwhelmed…turn-on tears. Same thing happens when watching Carter’s commercials (“You were mine the minute I became yours”…you are a robot if that doesn’t get you!), Subaru commercials, and Extreme Home Makeover, which has come back for the holidays so that we can all have a good cry!
Looking forward to: Getting and decorating our Christmas tree this weekend, and continuing work on the nursery. I also took advantage of an amazing cyber Monday sale at Baby Gap, and can’t wait for the stuff to get here!






1 comment:

  1. Baby's closet is filling up! Cute clothes are hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete