Wednesday, November 7, 2012

24 Weeks



How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain: I’m too afraid to weigh myself!  Feeling huge, but it’s all in the belly.
How big is baby? About the size of a cantaloupe. Apparently she is growing hair and is getting chubbier.   
The Bump: Um…yes.
Maternity clothes? Some maternity and some regular. Looking for some cute items for the holidays.  
Stretch marks? None so far…I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter!  
Sleep? Sleeping has sucked the last few days. Too much up and down to the bathroom!   
Best moment this week? Getting the call that our glider will be arriving a month early! It’s coming next Friday!!
How are you feeling? Indigestion (as always), and a little round ligament pain (she must be growing like crazy!) and I don’t feel like I have as much energy as I did before, which makes it difficult to get up and exercise.
Miss anything? Kayaking…the weather has been beautiful. The doctor has given me the ok, but my vest doesn’t fit, so with all the boat traffic around here, I’m a little nervous to go.   
Movement? She’s really movin and groovin in there sometimes! Perhaps a future dancer?
Food cravings? I don’t really have cravings, the kind where I can’t rest until I have it, but I have been eating a lot of apples lately. We got some great red delicious from an orchard near Ellijay on our trip, and don’t get me started on the apple butter…yum-o!
Aversions?  Nothing new this week.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not really.
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? We have a first name picked out, still working on the middle name.
Labor signs? No
Belly button in or out? Still and inny…but the shape is more slot-ish than round-ish.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?  Happy!! And wondering if my urge to decorate for Christmas (keep your shirts on...I know it's too early for that!) is the beginning of the nesting phase. 
Looking forward to: Heading up to Gainesville for the Homecoming game this weekend! The weather should be perfect!  

So, while we were on vacation (without cable but with the ability to mooch the neighbor’s wifi), the Hubs and I thought it would be a great time to start on the baby registry. Wow! Did we underestimate how difficult and time consuming that would be! We had no problem creating our wedding registry, in fact, it was pretty fun. But this whole baby registry business…yeesh! Now, part of the problem is the fact that we are new to this whole baby game and just don’t have a damn clue. The other part of the problem is that we don’t want to waste anyone’s money on items that we won’t use or have no room for. And because of that, (and because of our personalities) the Hubs and I have researched and researched almost every item before we add it to the regisrty. I follow a number of pregnancy and mommy blogs that are full of suggestions, lists from friends and family, Listmania on Amazon, the Baby Bargains book, not to mention the reviews of each item on the Babies R Us site. We have issues. It has been a week, and we still don’t feel like we have registered for everything we need, or even if we have picked the right stuff. We live in a tiny rental house, so space is a major issue, and that affects our choices. I keep holding on to something that my cousin Erin said (she is an amazing mom, so this comes from a good source)… “What they don’t know exists, they won’t form an attachment to.”  Well said. And I guess if we hate the item, we can always return it…which is why we chose Babies R Us for our registry in the first place. Of course, I still have some research to do! Haha! 

On a different note, is anyone else ready to start decorating for Christmas? Normally, I mark the beginning of the holiday season by the first sighting of the Hershey Kiss We Wish You a Merry Christmas commercial, which I haven't seen yet. But I have seen the Target Dog commercial, and about a zillion others, not to mention had my first Peppermint Mocha at Starbucks. I'm blaming the pregnancy for my jumping the holiday gun. I'm always excited about Christmas, but don't honestly feel the season begins until Black Friday. Last year kinda threw me for a loop when we celebrated "Thanksmas" since my brother would be overseas for Christmas. But because we host Thanksgiving, I will do my best to restrain myself...at least until after I clear the table on Thanksgiving Day. 


1 comment: