Friday, November 16, 2012

25 Weeks



How far along? 25 weeks and 3 days
Total weight gain: About 22 pounds…feels scary to see/say that, but the doctor says I’m just right and measuring right on target.
How big is baby? About the size of an eggplant…about a foot and a half long and about 2 pounds.   She can also tell if she’s upside down – craziness!  
The Bump: Huge! But I’m only expanding straight out the front, not sideways too (or worse, out the back!), …thank goodness!  
Maternity clothes? Some maternity and some regular. My old jeans still fit, but the maternity ones are just so much more comfy! Looking for some cute items for the holidays and I just discovered the ASOS site. They have some really cute stuff!
Stretch marks? None so far…I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter!  
Sleep? Not great. I’ve never been an awesome sleeper, but lately it has been terrible. It seems that as soon as I get comfortable, I have to get up to visit the potty.  And it’s almost impossible for me to sleep past 7 am. Boo to that!
Best moment this week? An exciting Gator win while we were up in Gainesville for the game was pretty good, but painting the nursery the perfect shade of gray may take the top honor for the week. I also ordered some prints for the nursery and a boppy cover from Etsy (my obsession) and I can’t wait for them to arrive! And the glider arrived today...sort of. The lovely people at Pottery Barn sent us the wrong chair, but the right slip covers. So now we have to wait a little longer for our actual glider to arrive. The Hubs is hoping that Pottery Barn will just let us keep this chair, in addition to sending us the one we really ordered. Something tells me it won't work out that way.
How are you feeling? Well, I officially have a sinus infection, which sucks! The doctor gave me amoxicillin and Tylenol for my fever, but I’m just so ready for it to be over. Trying to take naps (impossible) and lay around as much as possible, but there is so much to do around here! Drinking lots of OJ and eating my Edy’s Strawberry Fruit Bars to get lots of vitamin C.  I already drink enough water to make my eyeballs float, so hopefully I can get over this quickly.
Miss anything? Sleep. And the ability to take the dog on a three mile walk without feeling like I need to knock on doors to use a stranger’s bathroom.
Movement? Baby Tuna feels like she is already on a schedule. I can just about set my watch (if I wore one) to her dancing. A few times during the day, and every evening around 9pm.
Food cravings? Not in the "cravings" sense. Still hooked on apples and Honey Nut Cheerios. My glucose screening is coming up soon, so I'm trying to keep my sweet tooth in check, which has never been easy for me! 
Aversions?  Nothing new this week.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Coming home to find a nice big puddle of doggy barf in the living room. That was nice. Big ups to the Hubs for cleaning it up so quickly!
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? We have a first name picked out, still working on the middle name.
Labor signs? No
Belly button in or out? Still an inny…but it’s trying to flatten out.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?  Happy!!
Looking forward to: Heading to Ikea this weekend to get the dresser. Now that the nursery is painted, it finally feels like it’s all coming together (And I’m feeling like there is still sooooo much to do!). Also looking forward to Thanksgiving next week…mostly because our 4th anniversary falls on the same day! Lots to be thankful for this year!


So, now that we are zeroing in on what we need and want for the Baby Tuna, I am still on the hunt for the perfect diaper bag. I am a bit of a bag whore, and would love to find the perfect Lucky Brand tote to serve as my diaper bag, but I thought I’d ask the newer mommies out there if any of you have found a bag that you love. We are looking for one that doesn’t scream “BABY!” Any recommendations? 


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the nursery come together! Baby will have a beautiful room!!

    ReplyDelete