Friday, November 23, 2012

26 Weeks




How far along? 26 weeks and 3 days
Total weight gain: Who knows! Feeling a bit like a stuffed turkey after enjoying all of the deliciousness yesterday.  
How big is baby? The size of a head of lettuce. She’s about 14 inches long and probably weighs about 2-2.5 pounds. Baby Tuna’s eyelashes have also grown in.
Maternity clothes? Some of my original tops don’t cut the mustard anymore…time for some shopping!!!  

Stretch marks? None so far…I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter!  
Sleep? Ok in the last few days…with the help of lots of pillows and fresh air from having the windows open. Waking up with sore hips and knees, though, from sleeping on my side.  I’ve also noticed that I wake up every morning at exactly 6:57, without an alarm. Wonder if that will be a significant time come February?
Best moment this week? Thanksgiving/Anniversary (aka “Thanksiversary”) was quite nice. My brother was able to come down for the day, and we also had our parents down for the feast. The weather was perfect and even Scout behaved herself!
How are you feeling? So much better than last week!!  
Miss anything? Starting to miss getting in a good workout. Don’t have the energy to do much these days beyond a walk with the dog and a 15 minute pilates session, and even that is a huge stretch. Looking forward to getting active again in the spring.
Movement? Although she dances around throughout the day, I think the Baby Tuna is most active in the evenings. If I’m sitting very still, sometimes she will move so much, my whole body kind of vibrates. Wonder what’s goin on in there!
Food cravings? Sweet! Candy, chocolate, fruit. All I want is sweet!!!
Aversions?  The smell of turkey kind of grossed me out on Thanksgiving. As a vegetarian, I don’t ever eat it, but the smell doesn’t usually bother me. But this year, I had to leave the kitchen at one point to get away from the smell.
Anything make you queasy or sick? See above.  
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? We have a first name picked out, still working on the middle name.
Labor signs? No
Belly button in or out? Still an inny…but it’s trying to flatten out.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood?  Happy!! But don't get on my bad side. Hehe! 

Looking forward to: Decorating for Christmas, which will begin tomorrow; getting our Christmas tree; and continuing work on the nursery. We want it to be perfect for our baby girl, and now it’s down to the fun details.


Four Years of Wedded Bliss

In addition to Thanksgiving, yesterday also marked our fourth anniversary. It's crazy to think that I've been a Mrs. for that long. But at the same time, it feels like we've always been together. The time has really flown by.


We met in high school, and, twelve years later, started dating. I think we both knew right away that this was something different. And now here we are, expecting a baby girl.


We can't wait to meet her, and I can't wait for the Hubs to be a daddy. I know he will be AMAZING! 
I feel so blessed and sometimes can't believe my luck. I have such an incredible husband. 


1 comment: