Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Snowpocalypse 2017

Hey gang! Happy New Year! (Is it too far into January to say that?) I've taken a break from worrying about this little blog (I scrapped three posts over the holiday break, including our holiday recap), so that I could enjoy the kids and the wee bit of time that Damon had off for the holidays. And also, we were all sick. Boo. 

Despite a horrible cold spreading from one family member to the next (I got hit first, the week leading up to Christmas, then Beck on Christmas, then poor Z got it worst of all of us in the days after Christmas. The Hubs, so far, has been spared. I say "so far" because Beck has a faucet nose again this week, so it's only a matter of time before Damon drops, too.), we actually had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. My parents and brother and sister-in-law were here for our traditional low-key Christmas, and our New Years was just the four of us, lazy and relaxed...just the way we like it. 





But it was the major weather event this past weekend that really made our holiday dreams come true, even if they were a bit delayed. You guys...IT SNOWED!!! It snowed bigly!! Originally, VB was forecast to get 14 inches, which had everyone in a tizzy. But in the end, at our house, I'd say we got about 6, maybe a little more. It's hard to know for sure, because it was blowing and swirling around like crazy. There was a blizzard warning, after all! It was amazing!!

We had been preparing Zoey, who loves snow as much as I do, for a few days. She was so excited, she actually cried on Thursday morning when she noticed the snow hadn't arrived yet. I'm not sure the Hubs and I slept much on Friday night because we were too excited, and kept getting up to see how much was falling. It sleeted most of the night, which actually made me angry. I was really hoping for some epic snow. And I guess we got close, by our Florida standards. 
Despite the blowing snow, frigid wind chill temps, and improper snow day attire, we definitely made the most of it. (And rest assured, I'll be headed to Target to buy the kids some snow bibs, boots, and a sled as soon as they restock...which will ensure it will never snow again! haha!!) We went out a few times, while Beck was napping, and had so much fun that poor Zoey was nearly frozen solid. Snowball fights, building a snowman, hot chocolate by the fire, and some pretty deadly looking icicles. Not to mention a frozen pond behind our house, and Damon's first real chance to use the snow shovel he bought when we moved here.  I'd say we got our epic snow storm...I just hope we get one more before the winter ends. 



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment