Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Favorites

Hey friends! It's time for another set of Friday Favorites!

1. Long time readers of this blog know that I am seriously obsessed with peppermint. It's my favorite flavor (tied with strawberry - though they'd be kinda gross together) and this time of year makes me soo happy. When I heard that the red cups had arrived at Starbucks, I immediately hit the drive through (Have you tried the peppermint brownie cake pops yet? Get your ass down there and get one!).  So when the Hubs, Z, and I were tooling around Target the other day, this lovely package caught my eye (and one or two mysteriously jumped into our cart).



If these puppies can make it long enough with out being eaten, I have grand plans to use them in a post-Thanksgiving cookie or brownie recipe to kick off the official start of Christmas. Mmmmm...

2. Since the Hubs and I have been chowing down on seasonal Oreos for the last two months (thanks a lot most-addictive-cookies-in-the-world!), I've tried to get back into running. Let me add to that by saying that I am a horrible runner. An asthmatic with bad knees and dreams of being a marathoner.  Not really, but I would like to at least survive a 5K. So I started Couch to 5K and got an awesome pair of running shoes at the Nike Outlet.  They may be the most comfortable pair of runners that I have ever put on my feet. After my first run, I think I may have told the Hubs that it was like running on a memory foam mattress. My knees are happy again. Now if my lungs would just get with the program.

Nike Flyknit Lunar1+


3. You all know of my love of Philosophy products, and this is the time of year when I get to use my most favorite! I swap out my regular body wash for Philosophy Peppermint Stick. It smells outstanding! The only thing better than chowing down on candy canes, is smelling like one!

4. Despite the 85 degree temps in SoFlo, my heart is anywhere that cooler temps reside. I am so ready to start wearing jeans and fuzzy socks on the reg, not to mention cozy lounge pants (a staple for any WorkAHM or SAHM). Right now, I've got my eye on these and these from the Gap (maybe with one of these waffle knit tees from Old Navy?). They just look so comfortable and I can almost imagine myself lounging on the sofa near an open window with a cool fall breeze blowing in. Then I wake up and remember where I live, and the fact that I have a 9 month old. Not much actual lounging going on here...but it's nice to dream!

5. Finally, five years ago today, on a day that was just as blustery, but much much colder that this one, the Hubs and I said our I Dos in front of our closest friends and family. I won't go into the mushy details, but I will say that I am one lucky muchacha. So, I'm not sure if my final favorite is the Hubs, marriage, or anniversaries, but all three are pretty wonderful!



Happy weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment