Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Favorites

1. This is the time of year when I really start wishing for a front porch, or at the very least a covered entry. We have neither. The front of our home faces east, which means every pot of festive mums just roasts, holiday wreaths fade in the morning sun, and there isn't much space to decorate. Driving around north Georgia this past week on vacation, just about every house had a beautifully decorated front porch with arrangements of pumpkins and pots of colorful mums. Scrolling through Pinterest (I'm loving the porches here, here, and here!) during the holiday season gives me some serious porch envy. It only gets worse as we get closer to Christmas! I really need help.

2. White pumpkins...obsessed! I want them everywhere and am in the hunt for some cute fakes. These puppies below are real and (sad tear) won't last until Thanksgiving.



3. While we were in Georgia, one of our top goals was to find a cute pumpkin patch to take pics of Z. This being her first Halloween and all. We had a cute little outfit picked out, complete with super cute black sequins-covered sneakers that were a baby shower gift. Pumpkin patches in Florida are fine, but it's 1,000 degrees, and I didn't want her first pumpkin patch pic to be taken in a sundress.
Every patch we passed was small and not as fabulous as we had pictured in our minds. Until the last day of our trip. On our way to one of our favorite spots, Amicalola Falls, we passed a place called Burt's Farm. It was so much better than we had imagined! Pumpkins for days!



We didn't have much room for all of the pumpkins we wanted to bring home (they were crazy cheap, too!), but we brought home three little beauties which may or may not end up as baby food or pie. 


Aren't the long stems amazing?! They were all like this. And disregard the wretched table that they're sitting on. It's total junk and will be painted blue soon until the perfect replacement (dreaming of a storage cocktail ottoman) falls from the sky and lands in our living room.

4. So, who else loves Philosophy products? When I was preggo, my wonderful friend Kara gave me a gift set from Philosophy for mommies. I love love Philosophy (which Kara knows very well), especially the peppermint bark lip gloss and body washes. Anyway, among other things, this set included the Purity cleanser, which I went out and bought recently, remembering how much I liked the trial size right after Z was born. This stuff is amazing and a bit pricey. I have sensitive skin and crazy breakouts since having Z, but this makes my skin so clear and soft. You only use a tiny bit at a time, so the bottle will last a long time, making it worth the price tag. The set also had a tiny tub of Hope in a Jar, which was also great, and I'll probably end up splurging on that, too. 

5. The moment Starbucks rolls out all of the peppermint drinks in December, I'm waiting in line and fighting the urge to go every day. Peppermint is probably my favorite flavor, unless it's summer and I'm craving strawberry everything. So when the Hubs and I found this mix in an Ingle's grocery store while on our trip, we both squealed with glee. Ok, maybe only one of us squealed, but we were both pretty excited! I'm not sure if Publix has it or not, but if they do, there will be more gleeful squeals in the future! 

6. And while drinking our peppermint hot cocoas, Baby Tuna may just be wearing these pjs from Baby Gap. The polka dot bottoms are pretty darn cute! I'll be ordering them for her the next chance I get. 

7. ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween makes me happy and I look forward to it every year! I don't watch all of it, obviously, but definitely try to catch my festive favorites. Night Before Christmas, Coraline, Corpse Bride, Hocus Pocus, and Alice in Wonderland. They even show throwbacks like Teen Witch and Goonies. Check out the schedule here and enjoy! 

Happy Weekend!! 


1 comment:

  1. How perfect are these pj's and thanks for the ideas for stocking stuffers !!! Philosophy is wonderderful!
    Z seems right at home in this picture-perfect pumpkin patch.

    ReplyDelete