Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Favorites

In my opinion, Fall officially starts on October 1 (though someone forgot to tell the SoFla temperatures). October marks the official start to holiday season, decorating, candy, and yummy baked goods. I love, love, LOVE this time of year! Here's what else I'm loving right now...

1. Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING! When you live in south Florida, it's hard to get into the fall frame of mind. The leaves don't change, hibiscus are still in full bloom, and it's about a zillion degrees outside. Enter pumpkin spice.

Kisses, Cookies, and M&Ms available at Target. Latte from Starbucks...Yum! 

This time of year, the Hubs starts making pumpkin spice waffles on Sundays. I dream about these all summer. They. are. the. best. and really put you in the mood to jump into a pile of leaves. 


2. Fall TV: I'm embarrassed even mentioning how much I love TV, but this time of year my condition is at it's worst. Premier weeks make me happy.  Modern Family, Parks & Rec, Once Upon a Time, CSI, Person of Interest...the final season of How I Met Your Mother (my all-time favorite)... good god I could keep going, but I'll spare you. 

3. Fall evenings at the park: We are so lucky to have an amazing community park at the end of our block. Lots of big shady trees, playgrounds, swing sets, even a little skate park. Now that the temps are so pleasant in the late afternoons, we've started walking over and giving the babe a little swing time. She's always loved the wind in her hair, so swinging is right up her alley.


This is what pure joy looks like!

4. Essie Smokin' Hot: My go-to nail color for Fall. I'll probably being wearing this until December 1. It's from a few years back, but I noticed it at Target a few weeks ago.


5. Halloweeny books for kids: It's no big secret that I am a hoarder of children's books. Although I've been away from the classroom for two years, I still have boxes of books in storage (some of which I may be selling soon, teacher friends...I'll keep ya posted). It's an addiction. So, shock of the year, Baby Tuna has an entire shelf dedicated to Halloween. By the time she is able to read on her own, I have a feeling she will have quite an extensive collection.


More info on all these books, in an upcoming post, so stay tuned. 

 HAPPY WEEKEND!!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you are sharing these cute books with Z! That will be fun! You should write copy for all the pumpkin spice products in the world!

    ReplyDelete