Thursday, February 14, 2013

38 Weeks





How far along? 38 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain: 39 lbs and I feel every ounce of that in my poor hips.
How big is baby? The size of a pumpkin. . . somewhere between 7 and 8 lbs (according to doctor’s estimates) and most likely about 20 inches long.
Maternity clothes? um, ya.  
Stretch marks? None so far. . . I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter! 
Sleep? Sleeping pretty well (not counting the potty breaks), probably because I’m so exhausted from lugging this pumpkin belly around everywhere!
Best moment this week? Is it wrong if I say donuts? Last Sunday while my mom was visiting, the Hubs popped out to the Jupiter Donut Factory and brought home a dozen, including red velvets and a s’mores donut. They were a-maz-ing!  If you are ever in the area, you’ve gotta visit that place!
How are you feeling? Pretty good but pretty tired, too. Waiting for that burst of energy everybody talks about so I can give this place once last clean and organize.   
Miss anything? Mostly just being comfortable. I know that I will miss my baby belly when this is all over, and getting to feel Baby Tuna squirming around inside. 
Movement? All the time! And I’ve finally started feeling the hiccups, which I was so bummed about never feeling. Now she gets them at least once a day and they always make me laugh. My whole torso bounces up and down. Also, the other night, during our Newborn Care class, I looked down and saw that my belly was totally distorted. The little booger was pushing her back out of the right side of my belly giving it a strange triangular shape. I’d love to know what goes on inside there!  
Food cravings? Fresh strawberries!!! Can’t get enough! Thank goodness they’re in season right now. I'm also craving all the junk food that I passed on for the first eight months in an effort to be healthy. . . Cheetos, Chex Mix, cookies, candy, and the previously mentioned donuts. Haven't indulged too much, but I may have to run out for a big bag of Cheetos tomorrow. Also, God help me, the Hubs' spicy jerk turkey deli meat smells so damn good. . . part of me would love to chow down on the whole bag. (Now this is a problem for two reasons. #1: Deli meat is off limits when you're pregnant, and #2: I've been a vegetarian for 21 years and the actual thought of eating said deli meat is pretty disgusting. It just SMELLS. SO. GOOD!)
Aversions? Nothing new.    
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope.
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? Yep. . . and wouldn’t you like to know! Some people have been guessing, but all have been way off the mark. 
Labor signs? Dilating slowly, but other than that. . .nada.    
Belly button in or out? It kinda sticks out a little around the edges, but is still classified as an inny.
Wedding rings on or off? I think my wedding band still fits, but I don’t bother putting it on anymore since my fingers just feel swollen all the time.
Mood? Pretty good most of the time.  
Looking forward to: Meeting Baby Tuna. . .but not for at least another week. Ten days would be better. :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment