Friday, February 8, 2013

37 Weeks - Full Term!!!




How far along? 37 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gain: 38 lbs and holding.  Haven’t gained anything this week, despite the overabundance of cheese, chocolate Cheerios, and frozen yogurt in my diet.
How big is baby? Well, according to our ultrasound Wednesday, Baby Tuna weighs somewhere between 6lbs 15 oz and 7lbs 5 oz, which means I will definitely NOT be giving birth to a giant whale baby. Hallelujah! No clue as to how long this little peanut is, but judging from the fact that her feet were in her face throughout the ultrasound (the reason why we couldn’t get a good picture from it), she’s probably 9 feet long.
Maternity clothes? You betcha! Wearing my leggings and maxi dresses a lot lately.  Since the belly dropped, pants of all kinds are no longer my friends.  
Stretch marks? None so far. . . I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter! 
Sleep? Meh. It’s good when I’m asleep and when I don’t’ have that Will I Am song stuck in my head all night (. . . you are now rocking with, Will I Am and Britney bitch!).  And rolling over from one side to the other makes it abundantly clear that I have almost 40 lbs of baby and whatever else crushing my insides.  
Best moment this week? Obviously seeing the little one (yes, LITTLE one!) at our ultrasound. Her little heart is beating strong, we got to see her little mouth “drinking”, and she is definitely still a girl. So, no surprises there on delivery day!
How are you feeling? Other than feeling uncomfortable, like, 22 hours a day. . . I feel pretty good. Things could always be worse.  
Miss anything? Comfort and hands, feet, and ankles that actually look like they belong to my body.
Movement? YES!  
Food cravings? Still with the strawberries and sweet tarts, but not at the same time. Strawberry toaster strudels are another one.  The Hubs also made these A-MAZ-ING mozzarella grilled cheese Panini sandwiches on sour dough. . . I could probably eat them every night for dinner with tater tots.
Aversions? Nothing new.    
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not this week.
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? We have a first and middle name ready for debut upon baby girl’s arrival. 
Labor signs? None. Is that normal?   
Belly button in or out? It kinda sticks out a little around the edges, but is still classified as an inny.
Wedding rings on or off? I think my wedding band still fits, but I don’t bother putting it on anymore since my fingers just feel swollen all the time.
Mood? Totally freaking out. Baby Tuna could arrive any. minute. So excited to meet her and see who she will look like, but totally anxious about the big fat question mark that is labor and delivery.
Looking forward to: Meeting Baby Tuna. . . but not for at least two more weeks! 



The Baby Shower

During the MLK holiday weekend, my mom's lovely friend Carolyn opened her home to friends and family for our baby shower. We had a delicious lunch followed by CAKE!! and more gifts than I could have ever expected. I feel so blessed to have so many kind and generous women in my life.

Since we haven't lived in Melbourne for almost two years, I was seriously not expecting so many of my girls to be there. But I am soooo happy that they were!!! I knew I missed them all, and why wouldn't I? They are all awesome! I can't wait to bring Baby Tuna back to Melbourne in a couple of months so they can all meet her!

I have more than just the next two pictures of the day, but have been so busy, I haven't had a second to edit them all. But here are two of my favorite things from that wonderful day: 


Publix cake!! I'm pretty sure that I ate at least half of this cake and most of the icing flowers along the side!!

How seriously cute is this diaper motorcycle?! It broke my heart when I had to finally dismantle it. 


2 comments: