Friday, February 1, 2013

36 Weeks




36 weeks! The official start of the ninth month. Holy. Crap. I'm already on my once-a-week doctor visits, and everything is checking out right on track. Baby girl is head down, but looks like she is happy to stay right where she is for the next couple of weeks. This according to my internal exam, but I'll spare you all the details. 

We still have so much to do around here (does it ever feel done?!), but after this week, we should be in pretty good shape. We drove up to Port St. Lucie to Babies R Us to grab what we could from the last of the registry items, and my mom will be here this weekend with her sewing machine to help out with the nursery curtains. And the last of the DIY projects should be done by the end of the week, including the elephant mobile, crib skirt, and some digital typography that I am making. I can't wait to have it all done so I can take some pictures to show you guys! It's looking so cute!! A posting of the baby shower will also happen this week (I've just been such a slacker!). 

How far along? 36 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gain: According to the doctor’s scale yesterday morning, 38 lbs – 30 in the belly and the rest in my face.
How big is baby? About as big as a watermelon. (“I carried a watermelon,” suddenly comes into my mind . . . yes, a Dirty Dancing reference!)  It certainly feels like there is a watermelon in there!  
Maternity clothes? According to everyone who sees me, I am all belly. Only a few things still cover it, so I probably won’t be leaving the house much for fear of looking a little too white trashy.
Stretch marks? None so far. . . I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter! 
Sleep? Sleeping well, when the windows are open. Thank God for this cool weather!
Best moment this week? Finally washing, organizing, and putting away a zillion baby clothes and blankets. And yet, I'm still tempted to buy more clothes!! Gotta have something for St. Pat's Day, Easter, and my cousin's wedding in April! 
How are you feeling? Feeling ok. Apparently the belly has begun the drop, but no one told my lungs. Not only do I now have horrible discomfort in my hip joints and pelvis, but I still can’t breathe!  And thanks to the hip issues, heavy watermelon belly, and swollen feet, I am in full waddle mode.  “Lightening”, my ass! Everything just feels heavier.  I get lots of stares as Scout and I waddle our way around the neighborhood.
Miss anything? Thanks to the Publix deli guy, I am now jonesing for spicy tuna rolls again. He told us about a great local sushi joint that we will be trying as soon as humanly possible following Baby Tuna’s birth.  I wonder if they do take out?
Movement? All the time! We can even feel her stick out her little toushie from time to time.
Food cravings? Fresh strawberries, either with vanilla frozen yogurt and magic shell topping, or in a parfait with vanilla yogurt, granola, and agave. Looking forward to our neighborhood green market this Sunday so I can visit the strawberry lady. She always has the best berries!! I could also go for a bag of Sweet Tart Hearts. Or two.
Aversions? Nothing new.    
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not this week.
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? We have a first and middle name ready for debut upon baby girl’s arrival. 
Labor signs? I may or may not have had my first Braxton Hicks contraction the other night. I’m just not sure since it didn’t really feel the way it was described it would. 
Belly button in or out? Mostly an inny, but definitely looking weird.
Wedding rings on or off? Most days, the wedding band is still on, but I’ve had to retire the engagement ring.
Mood? Happy, nervous . . .February used to feel like it was soooo far in the future. Holy crap!!!
Looking forward to: Our last ultrasound next week!! And finishing the nursery (for real this time!). And we still have to pack our bags for the hospital (thanks for all the suggestions!). 







2 comments:

  1. You look great! Try and get some rest and "enjoy" the remaining few weeks of your pregnancy. And also eat the shit out of some Publix cake for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry. In the last two weeks, I've eaten enough Publix cake for both of us. . .and then some!!! =)

    ReplyDelete