Thursday, January 17, 2013

34 Weeks!



How far along? 34 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gain: Probably 40 at this point.   
How big is baby? The size of a butternut squash. She’s anywhere from 5 to 5.8 lbs and about 19 inches. Baby Tuna can also recognize and react to music, which is pretty cool. I’ve noticed her reacting to strong bass for weeks now (like at the Gator game), but it’s crazy to think that if I start singing the same song to her every day, she will recognize it after she’s born.  
Maternity clothes? A lot of the maternity tops that I bought months ago are getting too short to wear now, and none of my shorts fit, which wouldn’t be a big deal, it being winter and all. But somehow the weather down here didn’t catch that memo.
Stretch marks? None so far. . . I LOVE my Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter! 
Sleep? Sleep has been ok this week. nothing to write a song about, but ok. My joints, especially my hips and knees, feel super stiff when I wake up.  
Best moment this week? The Hubs had a work party last Sunday (technically their Christmas party. . . go figure) and they had a mini shower for us, complete with cupcakes and a diaper cake, which was great since we haven’t purchased any diapers yet. At least now I know that if Baby Tuna decided to show up tomorrow, we’d be covered for a few days. Diapers are definitely on our “must get” list before she arrives. We also had dinner this week with our great friends Jason and Lara. I’ve known Jason for about 100 years, and we now live 25 minutes away from each other, but never see each other because we are slackers of our busy schedules. We had such a good time at dinner. . . we REALLY have to do it more often!
How are you feeling? Honestly, I’m ready to not be pregnant anymore, even though that means we will have a little one and that is slightly terrifying, so I much prefer she bake a little longer. I feel lucky that I feel so good this late into the adventure, but I do get super uncomfortable. Sitting for too long (like at the movies where you don’t want to get up, or on a car trip where you can’t) bothers my back and makes my toes puffy if I can’t elevate my feet. My joints also feel stiff by the end of the day, in spite of the exercise and stretching that I do every day. I also have a hard time breathing sometimes, as baby girl gets bigger and bigger.
Miss anything? I miss being able to sit comfortably for longer than 10 minutes.
Movement? I feel her moving all the time. I can tell when her head shifts to one side or the other (because the pressure changes on my poor bladder), and can feel her little butt wiggle around from time to time, too.  I felt the first “painful” movement the other morning, which wasn’t actually that painful, but it didn’t feel good either. I think she just wasn’t too pleased with the position I was laying in and wanted to let me know.
Food cravings? Well, I finally caved to the Frosty craving this week. . . and it was wonderful!!! May have to hit the drive-thru again soon. Froyo kind of fills the same craving, and I’ve also enjoyed that this week. All that calcium is good for me and the baby, though, right?! Haha!! 

You can't have a frosty without french fries to dip in. Yum-o!
I’m also loving crunchy things like ice and kettle chips. Besides that, I think I could probably eat pizza for every meal at this point, but I don’t cuz the Hubs won’t go for it. I’m trying to eat as much healthy food as possible, but the junk just sounds so much more appealing.
Aversions? Breakfast eggs (egg salad doesn’t bother me). The Hubs made some cheesy scrambled eggs the other morning, and I ate them, but immediately wished I hadn’t. They were delicious, but something about eggs is just a big turn off. Boo!     
Anything make you queasy or sick? Just eggs.
Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!
Any names picked out? We have a first and middle name ready for debut upon baby girl’s arrival.  But don’t bother asking, because the Hubs will just tell you that her name is Shaniqua.
Labor signs? No
Belly button in or out? Still an inny, but getting flatter and flatter.   
Wedding rings on or off? Wearing my wedding band, but have had to retire my engagement ring. I’m just so afraid of it getting stuck as my fingers puff up throughout the day.  
Mood? I’m one happy and slightly freaked-out little camper.  
Looking forward to: Heading back home to Melbourne for the baby shower this weekend. I can’t wait to see all of my old friends! And, you know. . .another excuse to eat cake!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment