Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Three Weeks Old!



Wow! I can't believe that our little peanut is three weeks old!!! Baby Tuna and I survived our first week with the Hubs back at work, but I'll be the first to admit that things run much better when he's around. (Slicing a cucumber one-handed while holding this clingy koala baby is not easy!!) I guess we are still trying to find our groove, which hasn't been easy since Baby Tuna's schedule seems to change every day. She's become a bit fussy (from horrific gas), especially in the evenings and overnight, which means momma isn't getting a whole lot of sleep. It's amazing how well you can function on so little sleep!

And we're still working on this whole feeding thing. I'll be completely honest, which will probably cause me to lose my membership to the Awesome Momma Club, but breastfeeding is kind of the worst. There are exactly three things I like about it: 1) It's really good for the babe, 2) It's free, and 3) I've lost 30 pounds in three weeks and breastfeeding is a big part of why.  My plan is to stick with it for a few more weeks, then we'll see.

As for the photo above, I must have taken a zillion shots this morning, but our girl is such a fidget, most of them came out looking like this:

When did her baby mohawk turn into Conan O'brien's hairdo?
And since Baby Z has become such a clingy little koala baby, I'm thinking of getting one of those K'Tan or Mobi wraps, just so I can get things done. Any recommendations?

Koala Baby!!

This week, we took our first walk as a family of four. It was a little chilly out, but I for one was grateful to be out and about. Of course, Zoey slept through the entire thing!


And finally, something new we've learned about our girl this week, besides the gas and Conan hairstyle, is that she is obsessed with the fish print that hangs above our couch. She will stare at it forever if we let her. I've been trying to get a pic of her face as she gazes up at it. It's pretty funny how mesmerized she gets. Hopefully I'll have a good shot of her before next week. Also planning a post showing off the nursery in the next couple of days.

Until then, here's one last shot of little Zoey. . .

So stinkin' cute!!




1 comment: