Sunday, October 14, 2012

Nursery Inspiration


Because the nursery is still mostly junk room/office, we have been stuck in the planning phase for the nursery these last few months. I have spent a zillion hours online looking for décor ideas. Anyone who knows me even a little bit will tell you that I am decidedly NOT a pink person, so the idea of a pink nursery kinda makes me want to gag. We love the yellow and gray color combination, with some hints of blue, and elephants are just too cute to pass on. Who doesn't love a baby elephant?! We don't want to go too theme-y, something that will grow with her, just an elephant here or there...

I made a little inspiration board for Baby Tuna’s nursery.




We've ordered the crib (a great deal thanks to my Target card…free shipping AND a 5% discount.  Woot woot!) and the glider (a supreme splurge of epic proportions from Pottery Barn Kids), and the stuffed elephant arrived about a week ago (Jelly Cat from Amazon). 

Now that the glider drama is behind us (it took us me forever to decide if it was worth it to splurge on a glider), we now move on to the paint dilemma. We rent our current home, and although our wonderful landlord has given us permission to paint, we just aren't sure if we want to go to the trouble (it will have to be painted back to the current color when we move out). The color that is already on the walls is a very nice creamy white. But wouldn't Subtle Touch from Behr look sooo much better with all of the white trim in that little room? 



We think so. We will probably paint. Or I should say, the Hubs will probably paint. I'm going to have a  difficult time relinquishing control of the paint roller, but I know he will do a great job. And that frees me up to surf Etsy and the rest of the web for ideas! 


One final note...
Some of you guys have said that you are unable to leave a comment on the blog. Recently, I set it up so that anyone can comment (you shouldn't need to be a member of anything special, if I did it right) but all comments must be approved by me, so it won't show up right away. Just thought you'd like to know that. :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment