Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pumpkin Patching

Monday's weather was super sunny, clear and warm. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I just described perfect pumpkin patch weather. Well, yes actually. While I'll admit that the eternal summer we've been experiencing this last year has made me pretty grouchy, it actually was a beautiful day for a visit to the pumpkin patch.

bat shirt (on sale!!) | sparkly Toms (I purchased for $12 at a local consignment shop. Jackpot!)

So we headed out to a local church, fully expecting it to be a hot morning and slim pickins in the patch, but we had such a fun time chasing Z around the church yard. Tons of pumpkins were laid out underneath a huge beautiful oak tree, which made it so wonderful in the shade.


Z had a ball running around patting all the pumpkins, and even picked out two
little ones for herself. There was a random milk crate in the middle of the sea of orange, so naturally the kiddo put her pumpkins in it and carried them around for a minute.





It's always been so hard to get a really great pic of Z since she is always in motion, and this day was no exception. I usually end up with a million photos of her back...maybe I'll end up doing an album of just those! I was totally that mom. I kept trying to hop in front of her to snap something with her smiling, but only managed to get a bunch of blurry pics and even backed over a pumpkin or two, practically falling on my ass. 



In the end, we came home with two toddler-size pumpkins and one for carving. It wasn't quite as amazing as our pumpkin patch adventures last year up in Georgia, but we had such a great time following Z around as she checked out each and every pumpkin! 

This weekend was also Zoey's 20 month b-day and we did her monthly photo shoot on Monday before our pumpkin patch adventure. Last month it was a nightmare trying to get a good shot and most of the outtakes feature a red face and teary eyes. But this month some of the outtakes were so hilarious, I had to share a few of my favorites...


This really is the best age, isn't it?!

Any great pumpkin patch adventures this October for you guys?


No comments:

Post a Comment