Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Happy News!!

Well, you guys, it's been a minute, huh? We've been on a bit of an emotional roller coaster here over the last couple of months, the lowest point-losing our sweet Scout at Thanksgiving. And while that had us pretty down, there's been something else in the works around here to help keep our minds off of our loss... I'm so happy to announce that our family is expanding! That's right, friends...there's a bun in this here oven!! 


Just like last time, I've been feeling pretty crappy and uninspired/unmotivated/unfocused/just-plain-lazy for the last few months. Thankfully, Z is always game to lay around and watch holiday movies. We've only seen the Polar Express about 97 times!! I've developed a crazy appetite, and find myself eating constantly, just to keep from feeling sick. Hello carbs!!! But I know that all of this means there's a strong and healthy little bean growing' in there, which makes it all worth it! I'm really looking forward to feeling like myself again soon. At 15 weeks (second trimester - woot woot!), I feel like that should be happening any day now. Fingers crossed! 

Z is fairly excited to be getting a baby sister or brother, though, at 2 ½, we're never really sure what she understands and what she just smiles and goes along with. She's tagged along to both ultrasounds so far, so I think that kind of helps with some kind of understanding. I can say with full certainty that, either way, she has no idea what is about to rock her world! But she's already started kissing my belly and talking about the baby in there. It just kind of makes you melt! 

We feel extra blessed to be welcoming another little goofball to our family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment