Saturday, October 15, 2016

Halloween Reads

Well folks, we're f i n a l l y feeling a little Fallish over here in VB - temps in the 60s today, a crockpot full of potato soup simmering in the kitchen, a trip to the pumpkin farm on the agenda, and plans to get a fire going once the sun starts to set...it's not quite fire weather, but Zoey's been asking for days. 
I love this time of year! It marks the beginning of holiday season and largely involves huge quantities of candy...what could be better! 


As soon as Fall begins. I drag out all of the Halloween and Fall books for the kiddos. Zoey and I have read our favorite, Room on the Broom, approximately 327 times already, and watched the movie on Netflix two or ten times, too. (You can get the dvd cheap here if you're not on Netflix.)

No big secret that I love children's books. Always have. We have books stashed literally in every room of our house and there's always room for more! Zoey, Beck and I spend a lot of time each day reading, so I thought I'd share a list of our favorite Fall/Halloween books. There's a few different levels here (some I've even shared with 3rd & 4th graders in my past life as a teacher), but I can honestly say, that as of this year, I've read them all with Zoey at one time or another. The kid devours books, so if you've got one of those at home, too, this list is for you. Enjoy!


Halloween-y Books for Young Kids

Room on the Broom
The Berenstain Bears & the Spooky Old Tree
Ghosts in the House
Mouse's First Halloween
Mostly Monsterly
I Need My Monster
Goodnight Goon
Halloween Night
Little Owl's Night
Spider and the Fly**
Pete the Cat: 5 Little Pumpkins
Clifford's Halloween
Carl's Halloween
Ten Timid Ghosts
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Baby Lit: Dracula
Baby Lit: Frankenstein
The Hallo-Weiner
Leaf Man
Stellaluna
Click, Clack, Boo!
Little Blue Truck's Halloween

**I wouldn't read this one before bed if you've got a more sensitive kiddo. Spider nightmares, for sure!

There are some great Halloween books for babies, too. A few that Zoey has liked in the past that we're sharing with Beck this year:

Biscuit's Pet & Play Halloween
It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!
Where is Baby's Pumpkin?
Duck & Goose Find a Pumpkin

Do you have any favorites on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment